Sunday, December 25, 2005

have you ever been to santiniketan?...no?...well i have. i've been going there every single year, ever since i can remember. you see, my mom was born and brought up there and my dad went to school there. so, the whole "rabindranath" influence has been on and around me all my life. but if you ask me, i'd say that now, it's really more of a 'sentiment' than a place, persay. it's difficult to explain this to somebody who's never been there. you can come with me the next time i go. our house there, isnt too big, and yet 20 people (or more) can be accomodated quite easily!
well, i just came back from there yesterday, so the hangover's not quite gone.
i just love december...there's so much to do! so many people come down from all over the world...it's really something!
sudu's planning to spend a quiet new year's eve with her parents. i think that's a very good idea. arent you tired of the same people, and the same music? isnt it more fun spending time with close fiends and family over dinner and the usual, timeless "adda"?!
anyway, i hope you all had a nice christmas...have fun during the remainder of the holidays. ttyl

3 Comments:

Blogger The Nutty Pea said...

who's this?

12:22 AM  
Blogger Random Doodler said...

next year i'm coming with you...
i've never been there!! :-(

10:29 AM  
Blogger La Figlia Che Piange said...

Hi, my mother studied there too and I used to visit every year and I don't anymore, but winter never feels the same. :) I've written a whole bunch of Santiniketan nostalgia posts.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home